Dear patients, relatives and accompanying persons
The SARS-CoV-1 coronavirus (Covid-19 pathogen) is currently no longer so strongly present. The federal government and the cantons have therefore lifted / suspended the general precautionary measures.
NEW: In the Tumor Center the general mask obligation applies again. For your own protection it is necessary to wear a mouth-nose mask. In case the pandemic situation worsens, further short-term adjustments can be made and appropriate measures reintroduced.
“Covid-19 vaccination is generally recommended for patients with cancer diseases.”
Some patients have an absolute contraindication to vaccination or develop too few antibodies.
In this case, there is a new passive immunisation therapy Tixagevimab/Cilgavimab (Evusheld®), which can be indicated and prescribed by Mrs. Prof. Ursula Flückiger, the infectiologist of the Hirslanden Klinik Aarau. For the early stage of Covid-19 there are also therapies that can favorably influence the course and severity of the disease. We therefore ask all our patients to contact us in case of new Covid-19 diagnosis or high risk criteria (see below) – at the Tumor Center Aarau or via Emergency Department / Infectiology Center Internal Medicine.
- Inherited immune deficiency
- Treatment with anti-CD20 or anti-CD19 monoclonal antibodies or other B-cell depleting therapies, Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitors, including immunosuppressive combination therapies (especially long-term use of glucocorticoids >20mg prednisone equivalent/day)
- Hematologic tumors (e.g., leukemia, lymphoma, GVHD; including autologous and allogeneic HSCT and CAR-T, multiple myeloma, myeloproliferative disorders) with neutropenia (< 1’000 neutrophils/μl for ≥ 1 week) or on active therapy or after HSCT
- Sickle-cell anemia
- Solid organ transplant recipients.
As a medical center, the protection of our patients is very important to us, please note the following guidelines:
1) Your appointment with us:
You can come to the Tumor Center at the scheduled appointment. If there are any changes, we will contact you. We also ask you to contact us for questions, rescheduling, etc.
If you are ill or have symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please contact us before coming to your appointment at the Tumor Center.
3) Accompanying persons:
Your accompanying person is welcome to be there during the consultation with your doctor.
4) Precautionary and hygienic measures at the Tumor Center Aarau:
- In the Tumor Center the general mask obligation applies again.
- In order to protect you and our team on site, there is enough disinfectant available at our center.
- We comply with the precautionary measures and hygiene regulations communicated by the FOPH.
5) Opening hours:
Our opening hours remain unchanged. We are still available by phone Mon-Fri from 8.45-12.00 and 13.00-16.30 for you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Below you will find some useful links about Covid-19 and cancer, some of these are in German.
Stay healthy, see you soon
Your Tumor Center Aarau Team
Useful links to the following topics:
- Rules of Conduct and Hygiene on Covid-19
- Covid-19 and cancer:
- Information about Covid-19 at the Hirslanden Clinics